Staffordshire Together for Carers Service
From the 6th April 2021 Carers and professionals on behalf of Carers can contact the County Council for information, advice and support. Dependent upon Carers circumstances and preferences we can undertake a Carers Assessment or a Joint Assessment of the Carers needs alongside the person being cared for. Following this we will work with the Carer to develop a personalised support plan to meet the needs identified within the assessment, which could include support for the Carer and / or the person they are caring for and may include a referral to our new Staffordshire Together for Carers Service.
Carers of all ages can contact the County Council for information, advice and support related to their caring role from the 6th April 2021 Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm via telephone or via email. Young Carers have their own dedicated telephone number should this wish to speak to a Young Carers Assessor. Professionals can refer Carers (providing consent has been given) to Staffordshire County Council by email using the electronic referral forms attached
Adult Carers: 0300 111 8010
Young Carers: 01785 278444
Staffordshire Together for Carers Service will be delivered by our provider, n-compass alongside a number of local organisations, including: Changes: Health and Wellbeing who will provide wellbeing support for Carers of all ages; Citizens Advice Staffordshire North and Stoke on Trent delivering financial advice and support; N-compass also work with a varied number of informal local partners who provide a range of activities for both adults and young carers across the whole of Staffordshire. N-compass also deliver a tailored group programme for young carers in school and in the community.
Staffordshire Together for Carers Service delivers support to Carers free of charge, this will include:
- A dedicated support worker
- 1-2-1 and group-based support
- Information advice and guidance on range of matters relevant to the caring role
- Support to access community resources, networks, and services
- Support to take breaks from caring, including befriending and peer support
- Support to develop emergency and contingency plans and support with future planning
- Training and skills development
- Newsletters four times per year detailing local groups, activities and training
- Online Carers Community Network for Carers to connect with other Carers and talk about topics most important to them
- A 24/7 Volunteer manned Carers Help and Talk (CHAT) Line
Groups and activities are offered across the whole of Staffordshire to facilitate peer support whilst taking part in an activity designed to improve physical and/ or emotional wellbeing.
Carers who do not wish to take part in a Carers Assessment but would like to access the information, advice and support provided by the Staffordshire Together for Carers Service can contact them directly, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm:
Telephone: 0300 303 0621
Text: 07786 201226
General Email: email@example.com
Online Live Chat: www.n-compass.org.uk/our-services/carers
Please note all communication channels mentioned above go live on 6th April 2021.